25 FREE Summer Activities Single Moms can do with their Kids
School is out and now it's time to search the web for some FREE summer activities. The kids are home, and if they are anything like mine, they are driving you crazy! Even though the weather is nice, just about EVERYTHING there is to do that is fun cost money.
So taking the kids to Six Flags, Disney Land/World, or Bush Gardens every other day is out of the question. And they're just about bored to death of going to the park, so what's a single mom on a strict budget to do? You want them to enjoy their summer, however, you don't have to break the bank to do it.
Believe me when I say that I am right there with you! I want my kids to have a great summer, I do. I would also like to be able to pay bills and my rent on time too. In addition, being in the house all day can make them restless and bored. Those combinations for toddlers and preschools is the ultimate disaster. Not to mention, you just might lose your shit at least once a day if you don't get them out.
When I was researching free activities for kids to do in the Summer, I was finding a lot of activities mean for two-parent households. No worries, though I got you! You can also bring a friend or another member of the family for some of the activities, but I'll give more of the single mom-friendly ones. Here are 25 FREE summer activities you can do with your kids.
1. Go to the playground at your local park
2. Pitch a tent in the backyard or living room
3. Make homemade ice cream
4. Bake your favorite cookies
5. Ride your bikes
6. Go to a pet store
7. Take out the chalk , draw on your driveway or on the sidewalk
8. Enjoy a free kids’ workshop at your local hardware store
9. Use cardboard boxes to make a maze
10. Build a fort
11. Attend a free story time at your local bookstore.
12. Visit your city’s splash pads or water play park.
13. Have a water balloon fight.
14. Have fun with dress-up and face paint!
15. Go outside and play with bubbles
16. Go on a nature walk at the park
17. Fly a kite
18. Create your own field day with made up obstacles
19. Go bowling
20. Go to the park to play baseball or soccer
22. Search for free tours at local food factories
23. Host a game "day" or night
24. Make shadow puppets with flashlights
25. Have a potato sack race
All right now, get up and out with these free activities your little ones are sure to love. The best thing is that they will be busy and tired out by the end of the day. Enjoy your summer!